Now chilly gets faster chilling...with Blue Cold down throw product coolers
Red chillies are a highly perishable commodity. Proper cooling extends the shelf life by slowing respiration, water loss, color range & decaying
Factors affecting weight loss of Dry Chilli and recommendation to reduce the weight loss
Chilli is stored before, with proper drying from 65-85% RH to below 10% RH. Hereafter only it can be stored as per the storage conditions.
Weight loss is caused due to:
- Improper storage temperature and RH - Cold Storage is not maintained properly as per the required 4 °C and not less then 95% RH value at the storage period of 6 to 12 months.
- Improper packing - If packing of material is not proper, the transpiration rate is high on the surface of chilli.
Recommendations to reduce weight loss:
- Perfect Packing - Do the perfect packing then only it will reduce the transpiration rate and then the weight loss is reduced. For chillli, stored vacuum packing then jute packing.
- Maintain the storage temperature - Maintain the storage temperature of 4 °C, for reduction of weight loss.
- Maintain the 12% RH to reduce the weight loss