Fix the evaporator rigidly with horizontal position with perfect ceiling and never mount the evaporator coil over the doors. The piping connection between evaporator and condensing unit should as minimum as possible. Position the evaporator to cover the entire air pattern of room and the gap between ceiling and evaporator should be half of the value of evaporator coil width.
2. Application Range:
The evaporator type is selected based on room load, storage temperature, refrigerant and position of fixing. For low load applications, single evaporator enough to satisfy the load. For high load applications, multiple evaporators have been used.
3. Installation procedure:
· The evaporator must be securely installed on a stable and rigid support, and fix from the beginning.
· Pressurize and leak test the entire system including the Condensing Unit, Evaporator and all connected tubing, fitting and brazed joints properly using the nitrogen for leak testing.
· It is recommended to install the evaporator on rubber grommets or vibration dampers.
· Connecting the liquid expansion line and suction line pipes with perfect brazing.
· Inert gas must be charged into the piping during brazing.
· Connect the wiring of evaporator fan correctly through control panel.
· Connect the wiring of drain pan, fan ring and coil heater correctly.
· The units must be installed with sufficient slope towards the drain of condensation water.
· Fluid carrying pipelines must be protected against mechanical damage while mounting on cold room walls.
· System piping must be in accordance with good refrigeration condition.
4. Piping connections:
In order to make the connections, suction and liquid line piping with the correct diameters as the connections fitted on the machine must be provided. The drain pan pipe should be connected discharging of drain water perfectly.
5. Electrical connections
· Ensure that power supply cannot be switched on during installation.
· All electrical components must be selected as per local standards and unit requirements.
· Refer to wiring diagram of evaporator fan for electrical connections details.
· Wiring of fan ring, coil and drain pan heater perfectly as per standard.
· Ensure that the power supply corresponds to the unit characteristics and that the power supply is stable (nominal voltage ±10 % and nominal frequency ±2.5 Hz).
· Dimension the power supply cables according to unit data for voltage and current.
· Protect the power supply and ensure correct earthing.
6. Check list during Startup
· Never start the unit when refrigerant is not charged.
· All service valves must be in the open position.
· Check power supply of evaporator fan.
· Check the leakage in the pipeline of evaporator.
· Check the wiring connections of fan ring, coil and drain pan heater.
· Check the connections of drain pan line.
· Check the room thermostat for normal operation.
· Fan motors mount should be carefully checked for tightness and proper alignment.
7. Check list with running unit
· Check current draw and voltage of evaporator fan.
· Check the frosting of coil in the evaporator.
· Check the rotation of evaporator fan.
· Check all abnormal vibration of the evaporator.
· Check the pressure of suction and liquid side of the evaporator.
· Check the air flow rate of fan over the evaporator coil.
· Check the stagnation of water in the drain pan.
· Check the fan ring, drain pan and coil heaters are working properly.
· When machine parts need replacing, use manufacturer’s original parts only.
· Clean the face area of the evaporator without dust
· Check that all electric terminals, both on electrical panels and terminal boards are properly connected.
· Check the noise level of the evaporator fan motor.
· Ensure piping connections of the evaporator.
· Check the wiring and operation of fan ring, drain pan and coil heater.
· Check the insulation of suction pipeline.
· Clean the drain pan and pipeline properly.
· Check all strainers – replace / clean if required.
· Maintain periodic maintenance report regularly.
· Evaporator fan motor having failure, replace it for same rating condition.
· For damage of evaporator fan and all heaters wiring happen, replace it as per standard.
· For loose connection of fan guard, tightly fix it safely by using screw driver.
· If any leakage happens in the pipeline, just braze it properly or replace full pipeline setup.
· If damage of evaporator coil happens replace it as per cooling load condition.
· If any damage of drain pan and pipe happens,replace and fix it properly.