Fix the blast freezer rigidly with horizontal position with perfect fixture. The piping connection between blast freezer and condensing unit should as minimum as possible. Position the blast freezer to cover the entire air pattern of room.
2. Application Range:
The blast freezer type is selected based on room load, storage temperature, refrigerant and position of fixing. For low load applications, single blast freezer enough to satisfy the load. For high load applications, multiple blast freezers have been used.
3. Installation procedure:
The blast freezer must be securely installed on a stable and rigid support on rubber grommets or vibration dampers, and fix from the beginning. Fix and braze the joints under inert gas including liquid expansion line and suction line pipes properly to pressurize with nitrogen for leak testing. Fluid carrying pipelines must be protected against mechanical damage while mounting on cold room walls.
Connect the wiring of blast freezer fan and electrical heaters correctly through control panel & the units must be installed with sufficient slope towards the drain of condensation water.
4. Piping connections:
In order to make the connections, suction and liquid line piping with the correct diameters as the connections fitted on the machine must be provided. The drain pan pipe should be connected discharging of drain water perfectly.
5. Electrical connections:
Ensure that power supply is switched off during installation. All electrical components must be selected as per local standards and unit requirements. It is advised to refer to the wiring diagram of control panel to connect blast freezer fan and electrical defrosting heater for electrical connections details.
The power supply corresponds to the unit characteristics and that the power supply should be stable (nominal voltage ±10 % and nominal frequency ±2.5 Hz). Protect the power supply and ensure correct earth connection.
6. Check list during Startup
· Never start the Unit when no refrigerant is charged
· All service valves must be in the open position
· Check power supply of blast freezer fan
· Check the leakage in the pipeline of blast freezer
· Check the wiring connections of fan ring, coil and drain pan heater
· Check the connections of drain pan line
· Check the room thermostat for normal operation
· Fan motors mount should be carefully checked for tightness and proper alignment
7.Check list with running unit
· Check current draw and voltage of blast freezer fan.
· Check the frosting of coil in the blast freezer.
· Check the rotation of blast freezer fan.
· Check the noise level of the blast freezer fan motor.
· Check all abnormal vibration of the blast freezer.
· Check the pressure of suction and liquid side of the blast freezer.
· Check the air flow rate of fan over the blast freezer coil.
· Check the stagnation of water in the drain pan.
· Check the fan ring, drain pan and coil heaters are working properly.
· Clean the face area of the blast freezer without dust.
· Check that all electric terminals, both on electrical panels and terminal boards are properly connected.
· Ensure piping connections of the blast freezer.
· Check the wiring and operation of fan ring, drain pan and coil heater.
· Check the insulation of suction pipeline.
· Clean the drain pan and pipeline properly.
· Check all strainers – replace / clean if required.
· Use manufacturer’s original parts only when it needs to be replaced.
· In case of fan motor or defrosting heater failure,replace it for same rating condition.
· For loose connection of fan guard, tightly fix it safely by using screw driver.
· If any leakage happens in the pipeline, just braze it properly or replace full pipeline setup.
· If blast freezer coil damages, replace it as per cooling load condition.
· If any damage of drain pan and pipe happens,replace and fix it properly.